The Eyes & Optics of Pearland Promise
The team at Eyes & Optics of Pearland is committed to providing a memorable experience to you and your family. We are dedicated to give exceptional eyecare with professional and ethical judgments and will exceed your expectations with enthusiasm and pride.
Dr. Lisa Thomas, O.D. P.A.
Therapeutic Optometrist, Optometric Glaucoma Specialist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Rosenberg School of Optometry (UIWRSO) & University of Houston College of Optometry
Dr. Lisa Thomas O.D.P.A. established this practice because of her commitment not to compromise on your ocular health. In today’s market, where healthcare is being restructured daily to fit demands given by insurance company’s, Eyes & Optics of Pearland was conceived with our patients best interest in mind. We will not cut corners.
She received her Bachelors of Science from the University of Houston. During her undergraduate studies, she was diagnosed with cancer but relentlessly moved forward. Although many people saw it to be easier for her to choose another non medical field, Dr. Thomas stayed true to her goal of being an optometrist. She served as the Pre-Optometry President on campus and in that year, raised membership and awareness of the field to the highest since its conception.
Her doctoral studies were finished in 2005 at Nova Southeastern College of Optometry, one of only 17 schools in the nation for optometry. She served as class President and has won several clinical excellence awards. Her extensive training includes the VA of Gainesville, inner city Broward clinics, contact lens specialty training, pediatrics, and general optometry.
Dr. Lisa Thomas, practices as a Therapeutic Optometrist and is also a Optometric Glaucoma Specialist.
In her spare time, Dr. Thomas enjoys spending time with her husband Bobby, two daughters Emily and Bella and dog Nate. She is also active at her church where she sings with the band. Family is vital, and she credits her passions and ability to love life and serve others from her parents. “My family & God was all I had for so many years, they have believed in me when others did not and I am here because of them.”
Goals and Accomplishments
- Dr. Lisa Thomas OD PA was featured in the March 2011 issue of Women in Optometry under the article: “Focused on Kids”.
- Dr. Lisa Thomas OD PA was featured in Volume 4 Issue 1 of Management & Business Academy Insights under the article: “Practicing with Empathy and Emotion”
- The University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry (UIWRSO) on February 2012 approved Dr. Lisa Thomas OD PA and Eyes & Optics of Pearland as an official externship training site for future optometrist.
- May 2012: Appointed adjunct clinical faculty of Rosenberg School of Optometry at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor.
- October 2018: Celebrated the 10th year Eyes & Optics of Pearland was established and 10 years of service to our patients and family.
- The University of Houston College of Optometry July 2020 approved Dr. Lisa Thomas OD PA and Eyes & Optics of Pearland as an official externship training site for future optometrist.
- July 2020: Appointed adjunct clinical faculty of University of Houston College of Optometry at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor.
Dr. Leena Ajjour, O.D.
Dr. Leena Ajjour is a lifelong resident of Houston, Texas. She values education and excelled academically, graduating with high honors from the University of Houston with a bachelor’s degree in Public Health. She then continued her education at the University of Houston College of Optometry where she earned her doctorate degree and graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors. Throughout her academic career, she was a member of the Beta Sigma Kappa Honors Society and was involved in several student optometric organizations.
Dr. Ajjour completed her clinical rotations at several private practices where she received extensive optometric training in full-scope optometric care with different areas of focus including anterior and posterior segment ocular disease, dry eye disease and management, and surgical co-management.
Licensed as a Therapeutic Optometrist and Optometric Glaucoma Specialist, Dr. Ajjour loves helping patients of all ages find the best solutions for their visual and eye health needs. Aside from serving the Houston community, she loves spending time with her family and friends, traveling, and exploring everything Houston has to offer. Dr. Ajjour is excited to join the Eyes & Optics family and is committed to providing the highest quality care that the practice is long known for.